Nrby Eliminates Gaps in Communication, Expedites Plant Repairs
Does it ever seem like there’s a black hole between plant engineering, construction and most other operation-centric organizations? Where paper-based forms for issues like pole transfers and temporary drops get lost in the shuffle and hand-written notes are incomplete or too hard to decipher?
Missing and inconsistent information are all too common in plant maintenance—and as a result, so are delays
in resolutions. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Nrby makes sure the right plant information is exchanged with the right
With the Nrby app, field staff can easily and accurately document issues as they are discovered. That information is immediately sent to the right group who, now, can act much more quickly to facilitate repairs. Take pole transfers, for example:
1. Field engineer sees new utility pole, opens Nrby app on an iOS or Android phone and taps the Pole Transfer SmartPin under Plant Maintenance.
2. Engineer fills out required fields on the SmartPin’s electronic SmartForm, such as photo and pole number, and drops SmartPin on the map to designate location.
3. SmartForm is automatically emailed to engineering, tech ops and construction teams. Construction uses web-based Nrby dashboard to view the information.
4. If it looks complete, construction can immediately assign a contractor to do the transfer. If not, construction simply requests more information via the dashboard.
5. Once the transfer is complete, the SmartPin is removed from active map, but its data is retained.Missing and inconsistent information are all too common in plant maintenance—and as a result, so are delays in resolutions. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Speed Plant Communications and Maintenance with Nrby
Reliable Information Exchange
Streamlined communications between engineering, construction and other stakeholders is always clear, consistent and complete.
Because there are no lingering information gaps and all appropriate personnel get the data they need, issues can be addressed fast.
Audit Trail Eliminates Finger Pointing
Emails are time-stamped so you know who received the information and when they got it.
Archived Plant Activities
SmartPin-related data is recorded in searchable database, giving you historical records for everything from insurance claims to proof of liability and confirmation of completed contract work.
Adapts to Your Workflow
SmartPins and SmartForms are fully configurable, making them simple to fit into your existing maintenance processes.